Friday, February 20, 2009

Nonnie and Poppa's House

December 26th, the 2 kids and I flew up to visit Gabe's parents. Gabe took off for Winter Retreat in the mountains and then drove up to Nevada City to meet up with us for a couple more days.

I got a new camera for Christmas so hopefully the posts from here out will be that much better! :) Enjoy the pics. This is a looooooooooooooooooooong post...
Train museum in Nevada City. Andrew was in heaven!
Feeding the horse snow.

I think this was Andrew's favorite Christmas present: an entire fireman outfit complete with hose, hatchet, walkie-talkie, and fire extinguisher from Auntie Mady.
Once again, Keira was proven to be a grandpa-lover! She spent most of her time with Michael on the visit.
Here are the famous pair sledding. (I have a bunch of videos. We'll see if I get around to posting them.)
Andrew got so good at sledding, he got to go by himself for the second half of our time there.
Just like Michael and Keira were a great pair, Leila and Andrew were inseparable for most of the visit.
Gabe drove 9 hours to meet us up there. What a husband!!!




Aren't they all cute?! (It's worth blowing up this pic to see Keira's expression. HA!)




All bundled up for our walk.

The adventures of Yellow Bear (formerly known as Daisy): As shown here, Y.B. was getting a little low on stuffing. (She was also wearing Keira's socks that day.) Andrew is seen here with her "food".
It is a very delicate issue to rip open one's favorite possesion and must be handled delicately. I remembered my dad doing open-bottom surgery on Drowsy (my baby doll) on the dining room table, trying to fix her voice. I remember it fondly so I tried to replicate that for Andrew with this surgery. He actually had a good time. Daisy got to hit the buffet table and eat as much as she wanted.
Boy did she! Honestly, she now looks like she is on steroids. We were all laughing so hard when she was finished. She's actually quite firm now.
It actually wasn't steroids, though. It was stuffing mixed with Christmas cookies that ended her thinnner years. hehehe...
Leila played so many cool games with Andrew. They made clay animals and told stories with them for hours.

The kids were quite happy to have Gabe back around.
The two happy couples.

Meanwhile...
Gabe only had a couple pics from his trip. I thought this one was gorgeous. I wish he had the good camera for it.
The snow level was low and he had to use chains for the first time ever.
The rest of his pics were like this! Crazy Gabe!... lots of snow, though, huh?

2 comments:

Sara Edwards said...

- It was totally worth loading the full size pic to see Kiera's face! Hilarious and cute!

- Andrew and you (Cheri) look SO similar in that pic of you in between both kids.

- Daisy/Yellow Bear's new look makes me laugh! I remember Drowsy's surgery too!

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time! I especially love the fireman picture. I can just hear Andrew yelling, "Helloooooo!"
Love, Nonnie