Friday, October 16, 2009

Monterey

Our family went up to Monterey for a couple days to celebrate Len's 77th birthday. He and my mom rented a beach house that all of us (them, my two sisters and fam's, and us) stayed in.
The beach was beautiful. We were there for 2 days- one was rainy and overcast and the other was sunny and clear. We enjoyed both.
As soon as the kids woke up, we'd take them out to the beach. What a nice way to wake up!
Peace!
Monterey Bay Aquarium: Andrew's favorite part was petting the sting rays.
Story hour with Daddy/ Uncle Gabe. He's hilarious!...
... and has fast reflexes!


During nap time, we drove the 17-mile drive through Pebble Beach. It is so beautiful!

It was a relaxing and gorgeous drive, although a much different experience than when we went on our honeymoon... :)

Here are a few shots of the beach by the house we stayed at.

Sunset.
Playing wii.
Fun sibling hang-out time.

Cousin hang-out time.




One set: Keira. The other: Eli. So cute.


Jo with sleepy Colby.
Andrew maxin' and relaxin'.
My hubby and me.
Surfing pics.

Does this pic look familiar to my college buddies? Yup. It's the UU!
On the drive home, we decided last-minute to take 101 and then we decided last-minute to stop by Cal Poly. I've always wanted to take the kids there being it's where Gabe and I met. It just seemed like it would bring things full-circle.
It was better than we had first thought. It turned out to be the second day of WOW. Gabe and I met on the first day of WOW 12 years prior. It was a special time for us to reminisce the past. We had such wonderful times there and we wouldn't change them for anything!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

All right, you know this is coming... you drove down 101, which means you were about 30 seconds away from my house, and you didn't come to see me??? I'll forgive you this time, but don't let it happen again.

Beautiful pictures, Cheri. Looks like an awesome family time! :)

Sara Edwards said...

You took some great pictures! I especially love all the cousin pics!