Friday, April 02, 2010

Keira's First Haircut

Monday was Keira's first haircut. She got to go after Gabe and Andrew so she was really pumped up for it, as you can see here.

I really had no idea what I was doing. I've never cut girls' hair before, besides Keira's bangs.

We ended up moving inside due to the bad combination of the wind and her fly-away hair. It was tough to keep her still at first, but she eventually caught on and I got braver and faster too.
I love this picture because I know exactly what I was saying here. "Keira! You look so beautiful!" (Notice the hairy backside of her.)
She was excited to get a clip for her first hairstyle with the new cut. She loved that it was one of mine, even though it was just one of those silver old-fashioned clips I wore all the time as a kid.
She is very proud of her new do and so am I. The bangs turned out shorter than I wanted them, but the back and sides are great. I think I ended up giving her a bob. (?) We got rid of all of the uneven stuff. I think she'll start to look much older now as her hair grows back in.

2 comments:

judy s said...

she is so adorable, your little girl! you are very brave to cut her hair and it turned out great. nice touch with the clip! =) i've always envisioned cutting my children's hair when i have them. noah gets his haircut from our daycare lady as i am too afraid since i have no idea what to do plus he is such a wiggly worm. she's so good w/ him. she even cuts his nails, too! so nice.

Louise said...

You did a great job. Keira looks so cute and now has a stylish hairdo too! Good for you being brave enough to cut - it will always grow back eh?
I have 5 children and always cut their hair plus their dad's. What a big savings!