Sunday, July 01, 2007

Not My iPod!

Today during Gabe's sermon, he brought up "going the second mile", etc. I thought it was an interesting conversation between him and the congregation...

Gabe: What does Jesus say to do when someone slaps you?
Congregation: Turn the other cheek.
Gabe: What does Jesus say to do when someone makes you carry their things for one mile?
Cong.: Go another mile.
Gabe: So if someone were to steal your iPod, what do you do?
Cong.: [Pause]
Gabe: Give them your laptop!
Cong.: (Horrific gasps and cries) Not my iPod! But I NEED my laptop!

Interesting when put into modern terms, isn't it???

6 comments:

Sara Edwards said...

That's hilarious! But true!

Flo Paris said...

What if I have my iPod surgically installed in my arm?
Hmmmm it would have to always be on shuffle mode though...

gabe said...

Hello Aunt Sara and Auntie Flo. Thanks for commenting on my mom's blog. Right now I'm trying to teach Nonna how to post a comment too. She's great.
From Andrew

gabe said...

i didn't write that...

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
I am learning how to post a comment the right way.
Love,
Nonna

Andrea said...

I wonder who said those things...haahaa