Thursday, November 29, 2007

Revolutionizing the Barber Home


I'm sorry for any messed up organization to this post. I can't seem to get things right these days on Blogger.
Anyway, the pictures below will explain the title, but... do any of you see anything interesting above??? Oh, I don't know... Maybe the fact that Andrew is SMILING while he's walking through the sand on the beach!!! Whoo-hoo! Monday was a big day for us. If you didn't know, Andrew HATED the sand for about 8 months. He screamed when we went anywhere near the beach and didn't even want to walk on playgrounds with sand. Weird, huh? Anyway, something changed and Monday he was building sand castles!


Now for the explaination of the title... We are now night showerers! While this may not seem too extreme for some (ok, most) of you, this is big for this family. We love it! Here are some before and after shots of me one morning. There are only 6.5 minutes between the two pictures! Isn't that awesome?! I never thought I could shower at night because of my hair. Seriously, look at the "before" picture... Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (left if you're blind and you can't tell.) What would you do with that in the morning? We decided to give night showering a shot while we were in Idyllwild and we haven't looked back! It's opened up a whole new world for us! Gabe gets to work earlier, Andrew doesn't tear apart the bathroom while we're both getting ready, Andrew and I can get out of the house at a decent hour now. Wow!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Yay for night showerers!!!

Carolyn said...

I must be one of the "blind" people because I think you look totally cute in your "before" picture! ;)

Cheri said...

I should have known I could count on my C* for that! :)

Flo Paris said...

Amazing!! I've never thought I could take night showers because of the hair thing...not that mine is that hard to style, but it's super flat and greasy if I sleep on it.
Plus I don't feel awake until I take one. It's hard with the kids sometimes, and sometimes I forget to lock the door and they both run in stark naked and jump in.

When I joined the gym, my favorite thing was the shower...If I knew I could get a shower for the $3 it costs for them to play in daycare, I would have joined a long time ago. I realize that it means showering with like, 20 other women who are mostly middle aged or older, but there are days that beats the alternative--and at least they don't cry and cling to my legs when they get soap in their eyes.