Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Scrunchy Face

She's the cutest hillbilly I've ever seen!
This is one of her funny faces that she does all the time now to make us laugh. Actually this face and the one above it are her two main silly faces. She does them constantly and I laugh every time.
Keira pulled herself up for the first time on 10/26. I can totally see her as a little toddler. She's so cute! This is a pic from the first day I found her standing up in her crib. I heard her squealing for joy repeatedly and much crazier than normal so I knew something was up. Then, I heard her start crying hysterically. I think she stood up and got really excited because of her new trick. Then, she freaked out when she realized she didn't know how to get down. (She's starting to catch on now.)
Here are some pics from Heritage Park in Cerritos the day before the fires. We haven't gone out since then except to the grocery store. It's been too smokey and "ashy" for us to feel comfortable letting the kids out. Today was the first day I've seen kids outside so I think tomorrow may be a good day to get back out.

I'm really proud of Andrew for doing this. He's not much of a risk-taker and he had never done this before. He had no help and caught on pretty quick.
These pics are from a week ago Monday in Newport. Andrew has completely forgotten his sand-fear and digs his hands and feet right in!
This was Keira's first time to play in the sand. She seemed to enjoy it, but wasn't going crazy over it.

A Disneyland smile.


Here's Keira standing up and then trying to climb up onto Andrew's bed.

Here are some of Keira's (and Gabe's) new sounds.
Interesting book display.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow, I didn't even recognize Andrew in that beach picture--he looks SO much older!! Cute kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Is that really Andrew climbing up that play structure? Way to go, buddy!I kept trying to get him up the little tiny one at your local park to no avail. And now here he is climbing Mt. Everest practically! And what a cute hillbilly face on that Keira.
Love to everyone,
Nonnie

NerdMom said...

My oldest made that second face everytime you tried to take a picture of him until he was at least 2. We couldn't get him to just smile.