Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer

It's been so fun having 2 active kiddos during the summer. We've been doing so many things that I hope are creating some warm, fuzzy memories for them. The dress Keira's wearing above is one of my favorites. I remember wearing this kind of dress when I was young. It's so fun dressing her up!
We started swim lessons this week and the kids are enjoying them, although Andrew still cries at the beginning of each lesson.
Gabe got to do one lesson with Keira. Keira really enjoys the one-on-one time and the water. She'll dip her face under water at the most random times and comes up smiling.

I love holding hands with my kids. (or see Gabe do it.) It's so precious.
Keira enjoys dress-up now. Most of the clothes are too big, but it's so sweet!

Joleen, Curtis, and their boys came to visit last weekend for the 4th. Here are the two big boys "asleep".
Peek-a-boo!


Sparkler time!


Smoke snakes. The little ones thought they were pretty cool.
The kids are spending tons of time outside. The weather has been beautiful and we got a fun little plastic pool... the makings of a fun summer outside!
Tyler (along with our small group) came over for a 3rd of July party.

I made this cake for the party- a three-layer strawberry filled cake. It was an experitment, but a tasty one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great pictures! I sure enjoyed seeing all the summer fun at the Barbers.
Love, Nonnie