Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cheri's Thoughts: Dr. Seuss Style

Oh to have one child again and not a total of three.

I could live my own life. Oh! How free I would be!

I could write a quaint poem or read a good book.

I could pick some flowers for our clean kitchen nook.

I could go for a walk, nay, go for a run.

I could go to the mall and eat a sticky cinnabun.

I could dine at dim sum,

Go for a stroll with just one.

I could eat at Corner Bakery

With just my one, a friend, and me.

I could do so much more

New adventures, galore!

I could take a shuttle to space!

Sing, in opera, Amazing Grace!

I could learn to speak Russian and a bit of Chinese!

I could take a trip to the Arctic and watch Santa sneeze!

I could swim in the ocean where no one has been!

Catch a ride on a whale! Ride a shark’s fin!

I could climb K-2 and Mt. Everest the same week!

I could tame a lion and nick-name him Zeek!

I could do all those things. Don’t tempt me. I can.

But I won’t do those things. I’m just not a fan.

One child is nice, but a bit of a bore.

Two is good also, but the same as before.

Add one more and you’re sure to get three.

Now things are good, just the way they should be!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

How amazing--that you could write such an adorable poem during your post-baby haze. A masterpiece! :)

Joleen Heard said...

What a cute poem. You should publish it, well I guess you did. I guess the third kid makes you cooky enough to write like Dr. Seuss. But honestly, I liked yours better.

deee said...

There is a place in Elena's baby book for a letter from the mom... Can I steal your Dr. Seuss idea? Yessss!

Cheri said...

Of course you can have the idea, D! Happy writing!

Sara Edwards said...

I know you posted this months ago but I just read this. I LOVE it. It is funny AND true! I totally would have climbed K-2 and Mt. Ev. this week if it weren't for these kiddos--but then look what I would have missed out on! :)