Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Marathon Training

It's time for a marathon training update. It's been a while now since I told you about how running is going. I am LOVING it!!! I'm in shape finally so I can enjoy the workouts more and really challenge myself. I'm on week #4 (of 17) in my training. Here's the schedule:
M: jog 40 minutes (11:00 minute pace)
T: cross train 30 minutes
W: 12 x 400m repeats (1:55-2:00 pace)
R: jog 40 minutes (11:00 minute pace)
F: cross train 30 minutes
Sa: 13 miles (9:45 pace)
Su: REST!!!
Ironically, my favorite days are W's and Sa's. I love the challenge that these runs give me. The other days are cool too (esp. R since Gabe and Andrew join me), but I look at them as filler days for the rest of the week. :)
Gabe gave me the pink watch for my birthday and I have enjoyed it so much. It helps me keep my pace just right and it looks cute too! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having fun Cheri. I am looking forward to you running the marathon. And Gabe, I am impressed with your 40min jogs. That is a good amount of running.

Allie said...

Yay Cheri! Keep it up!!!

gabe said...

thanks brad. yeah, running is great...especially w/someone training for a marathon. really good for my ego!