Saturday, July 26, 2008

How I Know...

... that Keira is a baby...
1. After she wakes up, an hour of rolling over and shaking a rattle exhausts her to the point that she's ready for her morning nap.
2. Her limbs fly around out of control when she gets excited.


... that Andrew is 2...
1. My older sister, Sara, gives her kids a raisin when they go poopy in the potty. Ever since her last visit, Andrew wants a raisin when he goes poopy in the potty. That's great and all, but Andrew eats SO many raisins. For some reason, though, that one raisin is just enough to get him to use the potty instead of his diaper now. Before he goes, he always checks with me to make sure he'll get a raisin. I don't think this will work much longer.
2. Andrew has been having sporadic no-nap days lately. The hours before bedtime are very painful for everyone when this happens. The other day when he skipped his nap, he went crazier than I have ever seen him before. At one point he just randomly started screaming (not crying; no words;) at the top of his lungs. Can you imagine doing that?... ever??? Aggghhhhhhh!
(Note for #2 above- I wrote most of this post last night, including this section. Today, I almost started screaming uncontrollably... no words, no crying.)
... that my husband will make a great old man...
1. Part of why we enjoy going to the YMCA is their back "deck". It's got a beautiful view and they always have free coffee out and nice seating. After we work out, we'll pick up the kids (or sometimes not!) and go out there to relax. Gabe LOVES this SO much. He fixes his coffee (which is almost plain black these days), gets a section of the paper (hopefully business to check on stocks), and sits down. There are usually about 8 other men doing the same thing. The problem is that Gabe is the only one of them under 70.
2. Gabe listens to The Mutual Fund Show on talk radio.
... that I'm a mom...
1. A toothless grin lights up my day even when there has been crying all morning.
2. I am SO excited on Wednesdays because it's library day.
3. It will take me 50 minutes to get us all ready to get out the door in the morning. Then I'll realize that I'm still in jammies. 3 minutes later, we'll leave.
4. I had tears in my eyes when both my kids smiled for the first time.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey, Wednesday is our library day, too! ;)

Eclectic Mishmash - totally unfocused. said...

Hee. Must be nice to be a mommy.

LUCKY! ;)

And I'm sure Gabe fits RIGHT in with those old YMCA (how funny, that your post mentions the YMCA, hmm??) codgers, gray hair and all.

Oh. I mean. Well. Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that.

Ha! :P