Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Here We Go!

All right everyone! Today was my last official run before my marathon on Sunday. (I have an unofficial 20 minute jog that I'll probably do on Friday.)

I'm feeling pretty darn good. Tapering has been great for me. I can tell that my body is rested up. I've been able to run much faster in my last couple of "race pace" runs within the last week. My goal time to beat is 3:50 (8:46 minutes/mile). (3 HOURS and 50 MINUTES) There's a chance I might get close to my initial goal of 3:40 (8:23 pace), but my hopes are not up. I will be pretty bummed if I don't break 4:00 (9:09 pace) though.

Now, I'm just drinking TONS of water, eating TONS of pasta and rice (pretty much the anti-Atkins diet), and trying to sleep through my excitement. I've trained for 9 months now. I think I'm ready!!!

On a completely different note, check out my friend, Amy's, blog on the creation museum in Kentucky. I think it's encouraging that people can go to a museum to learn about creation. Although I'm sure I wouldn't agree with every detail presented in the museum (I lean towards an "old-earth" theory), I am still VERY grateful for it being there.

5 comments:

Danny & Amy said...

TONS of rice? No wonder you look more Chinese to me recently :P

Cheri said...

ha, ha!!! :)

Flo Paris said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so proud of you!!
The other night I jogged a mile and a half. It took me TWENTY minutes. That's about twenty times longer than I have ever run in my life. I liked it. So I bought some running shoes.
Pretty soon we will be ready for a little competition. Haha.
Good job.

Carolyn said...

Go, Cheri, go!! You can do it!! :) Would it help if I put Lauren in her cheerleading outfit and had her do a few cheers for you? :)

Anonymous said...

You can do it Cheri! I can't wait to see you beat your goal!