Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Achievements

Cutie Keira
Keira is growing up so fast. We can now lay her down for nap times wide awake and she puts herself to sleep. It's amazing. She was crying really hard one day and Gabe knew she was just tired so he put her down in her crib and voila! Ever since then, if we can sense she's getting tired, we just lay her down and she falls asleep!
She's also teething a ton now. I can feel one tooth just below her gums. She's in a lot of pain, but I'm glad to see progress. (Hence the pic above with fingers in her mouth.)
Keira can now sit up by herself! WHAT?! I thought this wasn't supposed to happen for a couple more months. I honestly wasn't ready for this. She's changing from an infant into a baby!
Andrew became a Book Bug reader this summer. Each time he checks out 10 books from the library and reads them, he gets a prize. His first prize was this little coloring book and crayons. If you could read the titles of the books he read, they say, "Curious George..." just about all the way down the page.
My Mom and ELM came down to visit last week. We had a fun time at the beach and a couple of late-nite domino games. These are some shots at Newport and (for those of you who we've dragged there) eating breakfast at Charlie's Chili.
Keira with Papa ELM.
This picture is especially for Cam and Janelle... Yes, that's beach sand.
Keira is now sitting with us at the dinner table... As long as she can see Gabe. She gets rather unhappy if she can't see him. It turns out our little Keira is a complete Daddy's girl. I think it has to do with food. Andrew LOVED me, but he also was crazy about eating. Keira couldn't care less if she ate or not (hard to believe with those rolls, I know...). This puts Gabe and I on a level playing field with her. She likes Gabe. I only cry when they're not looking. :)
Sis and bro.
A certain little sister of mine used to have 2 toes that crossed when she was little and it was the cutest thing. Keira has 3 toes that cross! She looks like she has too many toes for the one foot!
Cute! Cute! Cute!... If I do say so myself.
This is Abigail (Noah's little sister). Isn't that hair AMAZING?!
Abigail, Noah, Andrew, and Keira. Noah and Andrew are both excellent big bro's. What blessings for the little girls.


The "Aunt Joey-Bear Dance"

Notes for the 3 following videos:
1. "The Little Airplane" This was one of Andrew's book choices from the library. It is the most boring book I have EVER read. I'm pretty sure this was not intended to be a children's book, but the Wright brothers' instruction manual. These 2 pages that I read are typical of every page in this book... by the way, the book was 28 pages long! I read it once and was laughing so hard at how horrible it was that Andrew thought it was a comedy and wanted me to read it over and over. I was trying to read it to him calmly for bedtime, but I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

2. Andrew and Keira seem to already be buddies. They really do like to play together... In other words, they really like it when Andrew plays with Keira.

3. This is Andrew's driving. We don't know why he thinks this is how you drive, but he does. Gabe and I have both had the opportunity to drive with Andrew rolling his hands like this the whole trip... literally.

7 comments:

Allie said...

I can't believe how fast Keira is growing up! Sitting already?! And teeth!? Wow. And, seriously, cute.

Maybe Andrew's driving a bus?

Robin said...

It's fun to see all of your pictures.

Duke would love that book. The more detail, the better. He absorbs so much. The other day we drove past a couple of garbage trucks - the garbage men were eating lunch together. I asked him if he thought being a garbage man would be a good job. He quickly replied that it would be a dangerous job. More dangerous than a policeman or a fireman - they get hit by cars all the time. And dogs pee on the trash bags. We had just watched a show all about garbage. I had no idea that he was playing so close attention.

God bless you!

gabe said...

wow, my kids are cute!
thanks for the post, my love. miss you!

Anonymous said...

I felt so proud when I saw Andrew in the sand! What a big guy!! :)

Eclectic Mishmash - totally unfocused. said...

Hmm, yes. Andrew in the sand IS a big deal, right?

In other news, I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING WHILE YOU WERE READING THAT RIDICULOUS PLANE BOOK.

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I was laughing so hard I was hissing. OK, more like wheezing. How unattractive.

But THAT book is written as a CHILDREN'S BOOK?? What is it, 1942 or something??? Yikes.

I love how Andrew is basically giving Miss KEIRA full-on CPR in the 2nd vid.

And lastly ... hmm. I think he's winding yarn.

Missed you at church on Sunday, hope to see Andrew next Sunday!! :)

Sara Edwards said...

The last video wasn't working for me. :( That book is awful. But if I read it to Nathan, he would know how to fly a plane by page 28. Of course he would ask me to fill in any gaps left by the book....

Cheri said...

Ok, so the book was written in 1938, but I don't think that should matter too much. Kids were still kids, right? And there were still good authors, right?