Monday, July 28, 2008

Ocean-front Property in Arizona

Does anyone remember that song? Well, my trip out there appeared to be too good to be true also. Our whole family had planned to go together out to AZ for a mission trip with our church. We were going to be (they still are) leading a VBS program for some kids in Flagstaff and doing some work at the host's house. Andrew and Keira both got sick last week and they were too sick to go so I am home with them while Gabe is over in AZ.

It's a long story, but I finally gave up on going last nite and unpacked our bags. Gabe's parents will be here Tuesday-Thursday to visit/help. I've had so much help over the past couple of days, though. It's been such a blessing seeing people want to help. I can't tell you how many phone calls I've gotten with people genuinely wanting to help.

Sunday was a BAD day. Andrew didn't get a nap and both kids were still sick and Keira was teething. OUCH!!! I had broken down in tears once and had to leave the room and tell Andrew to "stay away from Mommy" twice. I had completely lost my temper and knew nothing good could come from being around Andrew. A knock at the door turned the evening completely around. Annie and Rita showed up to help out. Rita walked in and Andrew grabbed her hand to go play with him. (I think this was the first time ever that Andrew was mad at me!... I don't blame him.) Annie came in and took Keira. They told me to sit down and rest. Being Cheri, I ran all over the house getting things done that I desperately wanted/needed to. Then, I sat down and relaxed. They took the kids for a 10 minute walk while I read my book and calmed down. I was able to put Andrew to bed while they were there to watch Keira and then they left me with a quiet house, a calm spirit, and 2 sleeping children... Amazing.

Today, Annie came over and preempted the situation from occurring again by wearing Andrew out this morning and getting him out of the house. Here's a pic from last night:


Today was a much better day. The kids both miss Gabe a lot. As I mentioned on an earlier post, Keira doesn't find me hilarious or even moderately entertaining so she really hasn't been laughing or even smiling as much as usual. Tonight, Andrew had her cracking up so that made me feel better. Below is a video of her playing (painfully) with her toy... and of course, gumming it. Let's go teeth!!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only mom who has had to tell her child to stay away for a while! I feel for you, Cheri. I wish I could bring Lauren over to entertain Andrew. We will be praying for all of you!!