Saturday, September 13, 2008

Life in the Barber Home

Last week was my first day back at The Pursuit Bible study for women at EV Free in Fullerton. I was a part of the study last year too and I'm looking forward to another great year. Both of the kids go to "play group" while I'm at the study for the whole morning. In Andrew's class they actually do crafts and a Bible story, etc. It's really cool and he enjoys it. It's a lot like school so I decided to take "first day of school" pics... of both kids. This may not be the best pic of Andrew, but have any of you tried to ask an excited 2.5 year old to stand still for a picture?
This is Keira's "first day of school" picture. (It's a lot like the one on the last post, but I think she really looks like she's posing for a school picture here.)
Gabe and I made bagels for the first time the other night with other Gabe's recipe. They were supposed to be chocolate chip, but we mixed in the chips too early to the warm dough. We got chocolate bagels instead. They were tasty! There is no reason for this picture except that I like it!
We all went to Disneyland a week ago and went down an alley that was pretty empty. One of the Disney workers was there and gave us "Disnyland Dream Passes." They have little tear-off tabs for 12 different rides at the 2 parks that can take you straight to the fast pass line. Pretty cool, huh? (We actually gave ours to a nice-looking older couple who were very excited to get them. There were only 3 kids rides on them, none of which Andrew was really into.)
Now THIS is what Andrew is into.
This was Andrew's first time on the teacups. He liked it and didn't barf!

A week ago, we moved Keira into Andrew's room. They've done fairly well together, especially at night. I think they're pretty much used to it now, actually. This video is from their first naptime together. It was after church and they both seemed wide awake, but after church that usually means that they're past tired and exhausted so I laid them both down. They sat like this talking to each other for about 5 minutes before I walked in there. On the monitor, I kept hearing Andrew say, "Keira, what are you doing, Keira? Keira, you're funny, Keira!" Keira was just squealing and laughing (until she saw me here.) I love having them in the same room. It's so cool!


We had Josh over the other day. This is probably the most organized chaos I've ever seen. You can't tell, but we're singing, "The fox" song.
Little boys and forts!
For the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fans out there, maybe you've seen the one where Goofy builds a bird house. Well, this is Andrew in his life-size bird house...


... and this is him knocking it over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the bagels! We'll need to compare notes on Friday, Gabe. Allie and I have talked about opening up a bagel/coffee shop someday. Perhaps a joint venture is in order? Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I love the video of the kids talking to each other in the bedroom. That's the first time I have heard Adnrew refer to himself as "I". He is usually "An-nu". That's a real three-year-old thing to do!
Love, Nonnie