Friday, September 12, 2008

My Little Mei-Mei

Here's our little Keira at 6 months!
We call her, "Mei-Mei", which means "younger sister" in Chinese. I know she'll always be younger than Andrew, but it just seems like she's growing up so much faster than he did. She's a happy baby who definitely has her favorites, but enjoys almost everyone. She rolls and scoots all around the room (and sometimes down the hall). She's a daddy's girl for sure and if she had a second pick, it'd be Andrew. She won't take a bottle under any circumstances. She's a good sleeper and loves bathtime. She's tickelish and loves to be zerberted. She enjoys being thrown in the air (and caught again). Her favorite songs are "Baby Beluga" and "Keira had a little lamb." Her favorite book is any that I'll let her chew on and her favorite toy right now is a little blue dog rattle that used to be Andrew's. She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Andrew and smiles any time Mickey or Goofy come on. She loves diamonds and anything that looks expensive. (Help!) She's a fun little girl and we love having her here with us.
We finally started her on rice cereal about 1.5 weeks ago and she gave us a look like, "It's about time!" She likes to eat, but doesn't pig out like her big bro. I think she's just excited to be at the table with the rest of us with a spoon in her mouth.

Andrew and Keira get along so well. It's hard for me to believe. They both love being together and seem to miss each other when they're apart.
I snapped this quick shot of us yesterday and was shocked to see how different we look. I guess I always expected our daughter to look like me. I don't really see any resembelence at all! Crazy!

Keira is so cute when she eats. She literally says, "Num Num Num." The second video is her saying, "mama", although not talking about me, of course.

No comments: