Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ni shur New Zealand-ryen?

Hey everyone! New Zealand is AWESOME!!! I'll save all of the details for another time, but here is a taste of what we've been seeing. Pretty amazing, huh? So far, we've visited 2 churches (3 more tomorrow), gone to the 4-day youth retreat, and gone to one of the pastor's ordinations. It's been a busy, wonderful time. Our team is doing great and everything is going smoothly.
Praise reports:
* We got here safely without any problems! (including me being calm on the plane!!!)
* Andrew has been healthy and happy and flexible the whole time! He is such a stud!
* Several kids gave their lives to the Lord at the retreat and several more dedicated themselves to fulltime ministry.
* Lots more... We'll tell you later!
Prayer requests:
* Continued health for Andrew and the rest of the team.
*Safety for us all as we part ways tomorrow.
*Continued effectiveness in ministry.
We hope to update again soon! Love to all!
The Barber Fam

4 comments:

Danny & Amy said...

Praise the Lord! We'll keep praying for you! Miss ya :'(

Sara Edwards said...

I'm so glad to hear from you guys! You have been and will continue to be in my prayers! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

We definitely miss you, but are glad to hear that you are doing well. We will keep praying for you and can't wait to see you.

Eclectic Mishmash - totally unfocused. said...

Bahburr famurree!

Hope you guys are doing great in Roto-toto-tootin'-fruitin'-rua!

1. I have have lil Andrew's FUNNY FACE book from Mrs. Wu! Don't remember how she got it, but she asked me to take it back for you guys on Monday. The thought only occurred to me today that you could have just retrieved it on Friday. Oops, none of us thought of that. :P I can bring it on Sunday.

2. I left a bag of books and NZ postcards (BAH!!!) in Pastor Gong's van on Monday when they dropped me off!! Grr, aargh. Could you bring it back for me? I'll try emailing my parents, but no idea if they will get it - not sure what their access is! I'm pretty sure Pastor Gong is planning on going to the airport on Friday with you guys ... that's a lot of people needing a ride!

3. I remembered ON THE PLANE (oops - as a I heard the eerily similar voice of a flight attendant) that I TOTALLY forgot to buy a souvenir t-shirt for a fellow teacher of mine. Darn, and he asked for it!! If you have the time, would you mind picking up a NZ souvenir shirt in size XL? He's about Gabe's size, and I trust your judgement. !!! (This teacher also gave me $20 USD, so keep it around there, please, and I will pay you as soon as I see you!!) There are some great dutyfree shops in the airport, especially. I bought a few things at Made in New Zealand (Kiwifruit and Manuka Honey for $8.50 NZD - I tried some today and it is SO YUM!!) If it doesn't work out, it's okay.

Bah, the exceeding difficulties of excessive fatigue.

BUNGY!!!!!