Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Things That Make Me Smile

Look closely. Do you see it? There's a leaf in there that is starting to change colors! Yesterday morning, I sat down for breakfast, looked out the window, and smiled. It's fall!!! I LOVE fall. That came as a shock to most of you when taking my quiz a while back so let me give you a few reasons why it's (by far) my favorite season.
1. Christmas is right around the corner!
2. Fall gives me a reason to decorate my house and I love doing that! I start as close to Oct. 1st as I can and the weekend after Thanksgiving, I switch everything out for Christmas.
3. Thanksgiving and Christmas give me warm fuzzies.
4. I love the smell of cinnamon, apples, nutmeg, etc.
5. The weather finally gives up and allows some clouds and cooler temps.
6. Trees and parks are beautiful!
7. School starts and I love to see and hear kids walking home from school, playing football in the streets, and moms calling kids in for dinner.
8. Baseball is FINALLY over! Bleh!
9. I can get away with singing more Christmas songs in my house. Sometimes they even get stuck in Gabe's head and I hear him humming a wonderful tune without me!
10. It seems like there should be an even 10... Aha! I love winter meals and I can finally start using the oven again and the stove more. (Soup, bread, baked chicken, and cookies!, etc)
I love when Andrew wears our things. This is one of Gabe's hats. I think Andrew actually looks really good in it and it matches what he's wearing.
I told Andrew to go put some shoes on so we could go outside. He did just as I asked and he knew just how funny he was. Look how hard he's laughing! He is getting sillier and sillier! I just love the age he's at so much!

2 comments:

Flo Paris said...

I love fall too!! SOO much.. Last year I heated up apple cider and cinnamon on the stove almost daily because I was so obsessed with the smell!
I love the cutie pictures of Andrew!
I was just thinking of you today, and I've been meaning to call you..Sera met a little boy named Andrew the other day, and somehow (don't quite remember) I got the point that she thought he was your Andrew.
I told her he was a different Andrew and she said,
"But why is he??"
I said "Cause he's a different person, he's a different Andrew."
She said, "Oh...... Why??"
Good grief!

Allie said...

yay for fall! I never really had too many feelings for fall, good or bad, but I think you've inspired me to pay a little more attention to it this season . . . and I'm liking it!