Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's a... Girl!!!


On Thursday afternoon, giddy with excitement, Gabe and I went to the doctor's office for my ultrasound. That was exactly 5 months before the due date of our little daughter! We're so excited that Andrew will be a big brother to a sister. He's excited too. If you ask him if the baby is a boy or a girl, he says, "girl!"
The baby is healthy and getting more and more active... or at least I'm feeling her more often now. I have two favorite parts of pregnancy. One is feeling the baby move and the other is the pregnant belly! I love my pregnant belly!

On a different note, Andrew (pictured here at Ruby's on the pier for lunch out with his great grand parents), is a total 2-yr-old (even though he technically has a couple months left.) He is hilarious and does the funniest, cutest things... but every once in a while, we see bizzaro-Andrew who comes out from hiding and goes psycho. Our latest temper tantrum almost made me cry out of frustration. I always let him pick out his shoes before we leave to go somewhere. He handed me his flip-flops yesterday. Okie-dokie. No problem. Once I got them on, he looked and said, "no", and handed me socks and his Vans. All right. We've all done that before. Try on a pair and realize they just don't go. Fine. I switched the shoes for him. He then said, "no" and handed me the flip-flops again. I told him that I wouldn't switch them again. Anyway, after much weeping and gnashing of teeth, I came to the realization that he wanted to wear both pairs at the same time. WHAT?! Okay, even if I were going to give in (which I wouldn't), it would have been impossible for me to!!! What are you supposed to do with such a unreasonable, illogical little person?! (It turns out you let them scream and cry for about 10 minutes and hold back your own tears until they finally regain composure and are ready to leave with only the Vans on.)


We got to see our grandparents (actually Gabe's) this past Monday for the whole day. It was awesome! They were staying on Balboa Island so we played around there all day and got a couple Heart Championship games in as well!

Gram Barb was so excited about taking Andrew on the carosel on the peninsula. They were so cute together! Andrew loves his great grandparents!


5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Cheri, you are positively glowing!! Yay for little girls--they are SO much fun. Gabe, get ready for PINK! :)

Flo Paris said...

AAAAAhhhh!!!! I knew it I knew it I knew it!!! Yay!! Congratulations!

As I continue my saga of how Josh and I met, etc., there may be a picture or two of you and gabe showing up on the blog.
There are quite a few of Josh holding Gabe.
At the time, I wasn't aware I had so much competition--geez!

Gabe said...

Cheri, you are sooo beautiful!!! I love that picture of you and your little girl! I can't wait to meet her! --Allie

Flo Paris said...

Okay..you should go look at the blog now. My favorite is Cheri in the Geek shirt.

NerdMom said...

Congrats! You will definitely have a different relationship with a little girl than your boys. It is fun to see the fluffy and tough all in one package (at least in my house). Now I just can't wait to see what Sara has!!!