Friday, October 19, 2007

Tweet! Tweet!


For those of you who are on the edge of your seats because you think that I'm about to tell about some facinating new birds in my neighborhood, please put your excitement on hold. This post is not that post.

That birdie is ME! I'm nesting! How cute is that?! I never really went through that classic "nesting" stage when I was pregnant with Andrew, but I totally am now.

Besides all of the normal end of the day/week clean up tonight, I've also:

* put new pegs in the kitchen shelves so that they're not all hanging on by 2 broken pegs

* fixed the wiring for our suround sound finally

* hung up a fall wreath I made a week or two ago

* baked 3 loaves of banana bread

* cleaned out the freezer

* cleaned out the baking shelf in the pantry

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but that was basically my night thus far. I've been this way for the last couple of days. I've always had "conquering Rome" time where I run around the house like a crazy lady and get stuff done, but the funniest things are coming to my mind now... things I would usually ask Gabe to do (like changing light bulbs), and I feel the need to do them right away. It can't wait until he gets home. (I'm sure he doesn't mind too much.)



On another note, I have been hearing the most random noises outside tonight. It's been going on for about 30 minutes now and all of the sounds seem like they're traveling from somewhat of a distance. Can anyone connect these sounds for me???

1. A country music/Mariachi band (yes, you read it right.)

2. Girls screaming their heads off like they're on roller coasters. (Knott's Scary Farm???)

3. Fireworks (probably Disneyland... not too much in question here, but still weird to be going on at the same time.)

4. Sirens (!)

Explain to me what I'm listening to. (Think of this as a riddle... but it's not...)

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think that's the most random post you've written yet--I love it! So are you doing baby-girl-related things, too? Like painting the walls pink? I know Gabe would LOVE that! :)

Joleen Heard said...

The noises are Gabe driving home. He turned on his favorite country music, with a hispanic flair. He screamed, yes like a girl, because it was his favorite song. He was so excited by the country music song that he hit a sign and is now dragging it behind him, hence the firework noise. The sirens are the police chasing him. Let us know how the story ended! How much was his ticket for screaming like a girl?
Curtis

Cheri said...

To C*- not yet. i've gotta work on gabe slowly. give me time. :)

senor curtis- HA!!! i really did make up a riddle! who knew?... gabe didn't find your response quite as funny...