Friday, October 05, 2007

Would You Care For a Spot of Tea?

This is probably the most random Andrew post I've ever done...
So... Our son has a British accent. As mentioned in the last post, Andrew is REALLY into Thomas. For those of you who don't know about this series, it's British. (So it's either not supposed to be funny or it's British "humor".) Anyway, the kids who sing the songs all have British accents. The main song starts off saying, "They're 2, they're 4 they're 6, they're 8." The only part he knows is to shout, "eight!", but he doesn't pronounce it, "ate." He says, "ite!" Next thing I know, he'll be asking, "Mother, might I have a crumpet with my afternoon milk?"
Below is a craft that Andrew and I did yesterday after collecting some leaves in the yard. I got the idea from my friend, Carolyn, and her daughter who did the same thing and put it on their blog. Click here to see their beauties. I'm not completely sure what Andrew and I did wrong...

This is Andrew's first boquet he's ever made to put in a vase. The weeds- I mean- flowers weren't quite long enough to stick up out of the top.
My husband and son, the gamers.

This is one of cousin Nathan's sweatshirts. It turned out to be WAY too small (which is why Andrew's face looks a little red) so this was the only time he got to wear it, but he LOVED it.
Andrew's first haircut!... This is not a typo. His hair was finally long enough to cut (about a week ago) after only 21 months of working on it. He actually didn't mind it at all and talks about it all the time now.
His first time meeting the real life animals.

One of his first piggy-back rides.
His eyes are turning green... at least sometimes. Other times they're still as blue as the sky.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think your artwork is beautiful! :) (We used the side of the crayon--maybe that's why it looked different.) Did Andrew like meeting the giant Winnie the Pooh and friends? Lauren will have her first trip to Disneyland in December, and I'm thinking she might be a little scared of them...

Anonymous said...

I think those giant stuffed animals are a little scary myself. I was going to say the same thing as Carolyn - use the side of the crayon rather than the point and shade for your leaf rubbings. Re: Andrew's eyes - sounds like his Poppy - his eyes change color with what he is wearing. I just talked to Andrew's great-grandmother (Gram Barb) and they LOVED seeing hime and spending time with you and Gabe today.
Love, Nonnie

Andrea said...

OMG, my nephew totally does that too. He totally speaks with a British accent, but he has an asian mom and American dad...haahaa...Behold, the power of Thomas!

Flo Paris said...

Ha ha, "Real life" animals.