Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Colby Dean

Last night, an amazing event took place... Gabe and I were packing boxes and carrying them downstairs. (Not that. Keep reading.) Then, the phone rang. It was my brother-in-law, Curtis. My sister had her baby!!! Colby Dean was born at 8:49pm, weighing 8 lbs 4 oz and was 21 inches in length. He and Joleen are both healthy and should be released from the hospital today. Gabe got off the phone, told me the news, and I got all excited. (duh.) Then, Gabe said, "we've got one box left. Let's take it down to the garage." I couldn't do it! How do you find out that a precious little baby is born and in the arms of your sister and bro-in-law and then take a box downstairs??? Doesn't that seem wrong? Shouldn't the whole world stop spinning when something that amazing happens??? Once I was done sharing these thoughts with Gabe and calmed down a bit, we took the box downstairs.

Baby Colby- even though the whole world didn't stop when you were born, I did, and I fought for the rest of the planet to stop too.

2 comments:

gabe said...

wow, you're a cool (albeit a little nerdy) aunt!

Amy said...

Cheri nerdy? Really?!?!