Saturday, August 21, 2010

Butterflies and Dinosaurs


After months of planning, designing, and creating, we have finished the big kids' room.
Not to anyone's surprise, we went with dinosaurs for Andrew. I designed curtains for Andrew's window and bed curtains for his bed. My mother-in-law helped me with all of the sewing, which I was very thankful for.
The bed curtains were a surprise for Andrew.
He is very happy with "Dinosaur City," as he calls it.

They both love their new room, but not as much as they love each other! :)
They play tons of games in Andrew's bed. The first game they played was barrista and they made apple coffee, lemon coffee, and peach coffee.
One thing about Keira's room was easy... PINK!!!


We continued with the butterfly theme being she loves them and they are just perfect for a girl who loves girly, sparkly things.
She loves it!

The butterflies on the wall were Keira's surprise. These curtains we bought from Pottery Barn, but...
I made the tie backs and I LOVE them! They're my favorite part of their whole room.
It's so girly!
While I was doing the finishing touches in their room this morning, this is how I found the kiddos. They were well worth all the time it took.

6 comments:

Flo Paris said...

Your kids are so CUTE!
I love the rooms. Love the bed curtains and those curtain ties are SO super sweet.
So lovely.
Great job!

Joleen Heard said...

Their room looks awesome! I can't believe that is all in one room. I also love the tiebacks, you can't look at them without saying awwwww! Can you do my room next?

Allie said...

Great job Cheri! Its perfect for both of them!

Carolyn said...

LOVE it! What an awesome job, Mama! I love Andrew's bedding and Keira's butterflies. Your kids are so blessed!

deee said...

How did you have the energy!? Go Cheri-- It looks great!

Amy said...

It looks awesome! Great work!