Monday, December 01, 2008

Moose

(stock moose photo)
Last night, all 4 of us were on our way home from a party pretty late. (Well, it was 7:30, but that is past the kids' bedtime.) It was dark and things were pretty quiet in the car. Gabe and I were talking up front and hadn't heard anything from either of the kids for 15-20 minutes. Out of the blue Andrew said, "Does anyone here see a moose?... anyone?... anyone?" I turned to look at him behind me and found something like the picture above. Andrew then exclaimed, "Mommy sees a moose! Yay!"

Keira had here 9 month appointment today. She's not actually 9 months just yet, but this was the only time available so...
She's healthy and doing all the things a little 9-month-old baby should. She's cruising along furniture and people, crawling the big-girl way, and "talking" more and more every day. She just started sitting herself up from a laying down position, which is very helpful for me. I think she'll be standing on her own pretty soon too. She's eating pretty well and likes to eat finger foods. Keira is a fun and funny little girl. She loves her daddy and big brother. She cries if Gabe walks past her without picking her up. Keira and Andrew play games together and can be left unsupervised together for short periods of time, which is another big blessing. They love each other more than I had ever imagined and it's a greater blessing than I thought it would be. Keira is a huge blessing to our family. I was wondering when I wouldn't be able to remember life without her and I think I'm there. I looked at pictures not long ago from our trip to New Zealand. There was a pic of Gabe, Andrew, and I and I wrote under it, "our family picture". I laughed because of how funny it seemed to have a "family" pic without Keira in it. It's official. She's part of the Barber fam. We love her so much!
As for the stats...
height: 29.25 inches (95 percentile)
weight: 16 lbs. 13.5 oz. (25 percentile)
(This explains why her pants always fall off!)
Even though this pic is blurry, I think she looks so cute! (We were putting our Christmas stuff up!)

A post on our Turkey Trot to follow soon!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow, finally a little girl that can keep up with Lauren's height! Lauren was 29.5 inches at 9 months old. They can be tall friends!

Oh, and I LOVE that story about Andrew! :)

John and Janelle said...

Your kids are too cute! They must be so much fun :)