Thursday, April 24, 2008

God, is that You?

Here's a good Andrew story:

I had just gotten off the phone with a friend who was telling me she had a headache. I told Andrew and we prayed for her. After we were done praying, Andrew was asking why we prayed to God for her to feel better. I was trying to explain God to a 2-year-old. I found that very complicated as I wanted him to understand the fullness of God and that He wasn't just a magician who could make people feel better, but also the Creator of the universe and Jesus' Father, and our Father, and Jesus Himself... I was in a little over my head, let alone Andrew's... I gave up after a while and started checking a voice message on my cell phone on speaker phone. It was my friend, Flo. "Hey Cheri. It's me..." Andrew gasped and exclaimed, "God!" as he pointed at the phone...
I don't think I explained God very well.

Here's a good delirious mom-of-a-new-baby story:

Keira just started only waking up once a night to nurse Saturday night. On Friday night, the following happened:
Keira woke up to nurse and was crying. I rolled over and nudged Gabe.
C: Hey Gabe. Could you get up with her?
G: Well, I think she is hungry and just wants to nurse.
C: You can't get up with her? I already have the baby in bed. How am I supposed to get Keira too?
G: I'm sorry. What?
C: You can't even help out with Keira while I nurse the baby?
G: Exactly how many babies do you think we have?
C: What? Ugh... Nevermind!
I got up and it took me halfway through nursing Keira when I realized that, in fact, there was no baby in bed with us.
The best part... the exact same thing happened the next time she woke up to nurse 3 hours later.
The next morning, Gabe (who earned about 1000 husband points for this) asked, "So... was I really confused last night or... were... you?"

I know all y'all want pictures. I know I have them. I'll share some soon.

3 comments:

NerdMom said...

Wow, I relate in both ways. Getting God across to a little kid is hard. My NerdPie (4) said a while ago that God must be a statue. When Dad asked why she replied that God is unchanging and so are statues. As far as middle of the night crazy, this too shall pass but then won't life be boring;).

Flo Paris said...

Hahahahahahaha. That is awesome.
I wish I could use that to my advantage somehow... (Hey Andrew, GOD wants your family to come visit the Oakes in Nashville...*wink, wink*)

Sara Edwards said...

I almost spit my cereal (Cocoa Krispies!) out laughing as I read that baby story! And Brad had already told it to me earlier!