Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Christmas" at Mom's

We got to celebrate an early Christmas up in Paso Robles at my mom and ELM's house. They got Keira her first hair bow at I just love it! I love this pic of my mom with her too.
This pic and the next demonstrate Keira's first and second loves. First, dad.
Second, Grandpa(s). She has a special place in her heart for both Papa ELM and Poppa.
Cute Gram-Gram shot.
We had some fun with mustaches that Andrew got for Christmas.

Note that Andrew is not the only one in this pic wearing a mustache.
Cute Papa ELM shot.
I have to admit that I LOVE having a girl and this Christmas brought out some of the more ridiculous reasons why. She got a cabbage patch kid and I was thrilled. I used to have a whole family of them when I was young. They were so special to me. Even if this one wasn't for me, I was just excited to have one join our family. :) Keira also got the tutu above. Talk about cute! I still love sparkles and poofy dresses and pink. The problem with that is that I'm (yes, it's true) almost 30. I'm not quite as welcome to walk around wearing something like this tutu. I now have to settle for living vicariously through my daughter every time she wears it. :)
I put this pic in because of my face in the background. I have learned how awesome it is to watch my kids enjoy something given to them. I think of how God must feel when He gives us a gift and can watch us be excited about it. I think He feels like how I look here.
We also had a great opportunity to visit the Peaks, who we love so dearly. Visits with them are so meaningful to us.
Our official Christmas card photo... So... Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love that picture, such a cute family.

Anonymous said...

So how is Yellow Bear doing now that she is on steroids (remember her restuffing?) and has a mustache? Poor bear!
Love, Nonnie