Friday, September 15, 2006

Retreat

Our church had our all-church retreat almost exactly a month ago. I don't have a post on it yet. That's not becuz I forgot or didn't have anything to say. I didn't know how to put into words how wonderful it was and what a blessing it was... Until I received these photos from Marco and Lin. I saw the above pic and just thought how much it explained the weekend. I still don't think I'll be very good with words, but I'll try. I know it's difficult to tell, but I'm not actally related to anyone in the above picture besides Andrew. :) I feel like I am, though. Gabe does too. I'm pretty sure that Andrew would agree as well if he could say more than, "aba!" EFCOC is an amazing family of God. The love that is at our church is incredible. They have accepted all three of us in as their family members. The way they care for Andrew blesses me more than I can tell you.
I had the awesome pleasure of teaching the 1st-6th graders. It was awesome! The kids understand the love of God more than I think they know. They have had it played out before them for so many years that it's normal for them. What a blessing in this day and age!
I am so blessed to be (most importantly) where God has called us, but I'm also blessed that this church is the place where God has called us to be. Thank God for our new church family who love us so much!

2 comments:

Danny & Amy said...

We are also blessed to have your family around!

Thanks for inviting us to go out w/ you every time you got a chance. It really lighted up my days, esp. in my illness! (I know God doesn't abandon me because He shows His love thru bros & sis like you)

Allie said...

I love the picture of Andrew and his Auntie Lin--so sweet!