Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sushi

Today, Annie taught Amy and I how to make sushi. (Lin took the intermidiate course.) :) We started off our morning on a field trip to Marukai (pronounced like the ugly Uruk-Hai in LOTR) which is a Japanese market. It was interesting being neither one of us speak Japanese. (Although she, at least, knew what everything was.) This is our finished product. I learned how to make yummy sushi!!! Annie also made several other things that I don't remember the names of... mushrooms, "white carrots", fish cake soup, pickled (?) something, seaweed, and I know I'm forgetting at least one other thing. The sushi turned out really good. Although, there was some seaweed with wasabi on it and although I do like the flavor, my lips were ON FIRE!!! Whew!
Here's Andrew with Auntie Annie. (I learned that not only is she the infamous "Aunt Annie who has an alligator A... a... A..." from Dr. Seuss, but she also is famous in Taiwan... Or at least she looks like a Chinese movie star.)
Here's Noah enjoying lunch with us. He even joined in the conversation! (Non-sushi picture.) Gabe and I got to enjoy an awesome afternoon on Sunday. We played football at church with a bunch of people and then we went down to the Spectrum for some faux Chinese food at PF Chang's and then what could top off the afternoon except some ice cream? It was an awesome date! We were so blessed to have some time for just the two of us!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Wow! That looks like like so much fun, and how interesting! Now you'll have to teach us to make sushi!:)