Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Elephants and Oakes

I'd like to tell you about 2 dreams...

The first is Andrew's first dream that he remembered (and told me about.) This morning, the washing machine was on the spin cycle and was shaking our whole apartment, a common occurrence in this home. Andrew jumped to his feet and looked at the front door exclaiming, "Mommy! Open the door so the elephant can come in!" Needless to say, I was a little confused. He then proceeded to tell me about what I can only conclude was a dream he had. He insisted that an elephant came into our house, Andrew waved good-bye to all of us, he climbed aboard the animal, and they went to Ralph's Grocery store. We spent the rest of the morning entertaining elephants that kept coming to the front door.

On to the second dream... This one was mine and may not be that funny to anyone except Josh and Flo. I had a dream that they were billionaires who lived in a HUGE modern-looking mansion with a gigantic pool. They had body guards (although it was unclear why. I'm also not sure how they made their billions.) and personal trainers. Their big purchase was about a thousand pool toys. The bummer for Flo was that she had to deflate these toys every night. Thankfully, she had a servant who blew up the toys each morning.

1 comment:

Flo Paris said...

Hahahahahahaha.

This is not that far fetched--I mean, the billions, yes, but IF I had billions, in my freakish paranoia and irrational fear, the first thing I would do is hire a bodyguard.


Maybe also a few bullet proof vests...