Monday, August 04, 2008

Missionaries, I guess...

Gabe got back from AZ late Friday night and had an awesome time. He stayed with the Maycumbers, a missionary family in Flagstaff. The whole time leading up to the trip, during it, and listening to Gabe afterwards, I kept thinking what a neat ministry the Maycumbers have. How unique! They're missionaries, but live in America. They minister to Native Americans who have left the reservations so the kids are more or less "second generation" Native Americans. As I talked with Gabe about what the family did to minister to the people there in Flagstaff, I kept getting excited, thinking about what a special ministry they have and how lucky they are.

And that's when Gabe said it... "It's pretty much the same as us." What? We're not missionaries. We still live in America and we just happen to minister to Taiwanese people who have moved away from Taiwan... Huh. That sounds familiar.

I gained a whole new excitement for the ministry that Gabe and I are in. I feel very special and blessed to be where we are right now. Not many people get to experience what we do. I feel like I have gained a whole new perspective on our ministry as well.

Praise God for our church, our calling, and His blessings!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Yeah, you are. :)

Danny & Amy said...

Amen! We love you and your family.

Sara Edwards said...

It's funny how you sometimes have to see things from the outside to realize that you are inside.