Friday, February 01, 2008

Cute Stories


Two nights ago, when we checked on Andrew before going to bed, this is what we found. He was sound asleep like this. A night or two before that, he started frantically crying in the middle of the night. I went in there and he had completely mummified himself in his sheets. It literally took me about 2 minutes to unwrap him!

Some of my friends (Allie and Flo) have inspired me to tell you about some of the funny things Andrew does, so here goes...

Andrew on Prayer: There are about 100 great Andrew prayer stories so I'll try to limit myself here.

* We were at the train station watching the choo-choo's go by when a voice came over the loud speaker: "This is the first call for the Amtrack northbound. It will be on track 1 and arriving on time. Thank you." Andrew then shouted out, "Amen!"

* Andrew usually prays for our breakfast. We usually help him out a little, but this is about how it goes on a typical morning:
Cheri: Dear God
Andrew: Dear God
C: Thank You
A: Thank You
[pause]
A: [As fast as he can spit it all out] for Aunt Allie, Josh, baby Zach, uh... uh... uh... Uncle Gabe, babies, Andrew, Daddy, Mommy, hot oatmeal, uh... uh... uh... Aunt Allie, Josh, baby Zach"
[that's our queue to wrap it up.]
C: In Jesus' name
A: Amen!
[pause]
A: pray for Aunt Amy!!!

Andrew on worship:
We were at winter retreat with 400 youth. The bands they have there are great... and very loud. Andrew loves it. He'll dance to the music and even catch on to some of the words. One night, they had just finished a song so it went from loud to very quiet and Andrew started shouting, "E-I-E-I-O! E-I-E-I-O!" I don't think he gets it.

Andrew on fast food:
The only fast food place Andrew has ever been to is In-N-Out. One day, though, we needed a wireless connection and we knew that McDonalds had one so we went there during a road trip. We told Andrew where we were going and the whole time we were there, he kept saying "Old McDonald farm E-I-E-I-O" It took us slower folk a while to catch on to his connection.

I'll try to post new stories as they happen. :)

For those of you... who are waiting to hear my post, "Cheri's up on her soap box again" (a VERY political and angry post about emergency rooms today), I'm very sorry to tell you that it was sensored into oblivion. Gabe proofread it for me and told me not to publish it until he got home. After rereading it the next day, I could understand why. I had some venting to do, I did it, and I feel much better now.

2 comments:

Sara Edwards said...

Cute stories, but I was looking forward to the soapbox post. :)

Danny & Amy said...

When Noah saw the picture, he kept shouting "Thomas" and didn't want us to leave your blog! I think my plan won't work: using the "Cars" blanket Noah's auntie gave him, instead of buying a new Thomas bedding set, on his toddler-bed-to-be.