Thursday, February 28, 2008

Baby Updates and Kitchens


This was the first night that Andrew officially set the table for us. I didn't even ask him to. He got out forks for all 3 of us, his sippy cup, and set them on the table just like this. Then he went and turned on the light. Voila!

I got to clean a kitchen today and it was such a blessing. One thing I really miss since having Andrew is being able to help clean places up. I used to love cleaning up after church events or parties at people's houses or wherever. Now, I'm too busy watching Andrew to be able to do that kind of stuff. Not today though! I'm part of a women's Bible study on Thursday mornings that provides childcare. Today was their community service day. Since I still needed childcare, I (along with about 6 other moms) cleaned up the church kitchen. It was so nice to be able to scrub and clean and chat and laugh without having to watch Andrew. What a blessing!

BABY UPDATE: On Tuesday night, I had 3 official contractions! I had another one yesterday afternoon. I know it could still be a while, but it's still so exciting!!! Since Andrew had to be delivered c-section, I never had any contractions with him. This is totally uncharted territory for me. I'm really hoping to have a VBAC this time so please pray for me to go into labor soon. The level of amniotic fluid is starting to get a bit low and if it goes below a certain point, I'll need a c-section right away. I REALLY want to have a VBAC, but I know that in the end (like last time), what I really want is the baby delivered the healthiest and safest way possible. :)

1 comment:

Flo Paris said...

I love you so much! I'm hoping and praying for the VBAC for you...but no matter what, you two are prepared and educated parents, and that makes a wooooorld of difference, no matter how the babe comes into the world:)
You are such a great mama and I'm so happy for you!